Two. Or Three. This is the number of times I use Amazon Prime in an average week.
I use it for basic needs around the house. I use it when I panic and remember I’m missing that last minute item my son needs for sleepaway camp, one my daughter needs for sports or something either of them need for back to school.
(This post may contain affiliate links, my friends.)
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Basically, it is Christmas in July. Beginning at 12PM PST/3pmEST, Prime day is a day filled with flash sales and special deals (your favorites might go fast!) exclusively for Amazon Prime members. At the moment, Amazon Prime memberships are $119/year for new members and $59/year for students. I save that much in shipping costs and time the first month of every year.
Now….to get the most out of Prime Day, I have a few suggestions:
Take Advantage of Amazon Prime Day .
- Obviously the first thing you should do is sign up for Amazon Prime. Or choose the free 30 day Amazon Prime Trial to check it out.
- Make a list of your favorites to watch for that Amazon Prime Deal icon
- Download the Amazon App. Turn on notifications for your watch lists – click the menu (three bars) in the upper left corner, then click settings, notifications and enable ‘your watched and waitlisted deals’.
- Type ‘sneak peek’ in the search bar of the app to see any items that may be on special during Amazon Prime Day. If you see something you love, add it tor your list.
- Use the camera within the app to find items on special and save an additional $5. Simply open the camera icon, aim it at an item or barcode and click start. The app will share the very best deals
- If you own Alexa – get her in on the fun: Simply ask Alexa throughout the day, “Alexa, what are my deals?’
- Set an alarm for the start time to begin shopping – 12pmPST/3pmEST.
- Watch deals so that you won’t miss alerts when items you are interested in go on sale.
Take Advantage of the Early Deals:
- New to Amazon Pantry Members get $10 off their first $40 order.
- Get $30 off your first Amazon Fresh Order with code: 30Fresh.
- New subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited can get 4 months of music for only $0.99 (regularly $7.99 for Amazon Prime Members.)
So much to love. So much shopping to do!
Good luck and Happy Amazon Prime Day.