You know I have been obsessed with food (especially appetizers like these and these!) lately. It could be that I’ve been deep in to Whole 30 (just finished!) or that I can’t wait to entertain….or maybe that I am just drooling watching some of my favorite foods and flavors come to life.
Whatever the reason – I have another small plate dish you are going to love.
(Confession – this has always been a favorite of mine – whether as a full meal, or one to share!)
French Dip Sliders
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package Hawaiian-style sweet rolls
- 1 pound deli roast beef
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups French fried onions
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet Au Jus seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan with the softened butter.
Carefully slice the sweet rolls in half without separating the individual rolls. Place the bottom half in the middle of the pan.
Top with 6 of the provolone slices, then add the roast beef, followed by the French fried onions, and the remaining 6 slices of cheese. Add the other half of the rolls on top.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
*make the au jus with the remaining seasoning packet and two cups cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened