It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, yes? At least that’s what I hear.
But what if you are tired of the basics – the traditional wine, beer or vodka tonic. How about branching out and trying something new and different?
As your week winds down and you are looking to relax with a light cocktail, I have a spirited suggestion for you. It has the sweet and spice of the star anise, a touch of cinnamon, the perfect combination of floral and citrus you can only find in a fresh pear and that little extra candied oomph of traditional cider.
Hard Cider Pear Cocktail
- 1-ounce bourbon
- 1-ounce star anise & cinnamon simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 ounces hard pear cider
- pear slices for garnish
- Into a cocktail shaker add 1/2 cup of ice, bourbon, star anise and cinnamon simple syrup, and Angostura bitters.
- Secure the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for thirty (30) seconds.
- Pour into a standard rocks glass and top with three (3) ounces of hard pear cider.
- Garnish with three (3) half slices of fresh pear.