I have a new obsession: Macaroons.
I know, I know…where have I BEEN LIVING? Until recently, this little slices of heaven have been entirely absent from my food repertoire. Can you believe I had never had one until a girlfriend encouraged me to grab one of hers?
In my mind they were hard. Possibly stale.
I have no explanation for the ‘why’ behind this entirely incorrect assumption, but I was certainly wrong.
They dissolve in your mouth with a burst of flavor goodness. (That’s the meringue!) And they come in so many different flavors….Nutella, Strawberry, Lemon – how to choose?
Because I want you to have this same happy macaroon experience, I’ve collected some recipes to get your started. Yes, I know they take a little patience to make, but they are absolutely worth it.
- Lemon Macaron – Frugal Mom Eh!
- Peppermint Macarons with Chocolate Ganache – What the Fork
- Vanilla Bean Cashew Macarons – Ari’s Menu
- Strawberry Macarons – Sugar, Spice and Glitter
- Mint Macarons – The Gunny Sack
- Chocolate French Macaron Recipe with Toffee – Teaspoon of Goodness
- Lime Macarons – A Simple Pantry
- Mocha Macarons – Life Love Liz
- S’mores Macarons – Moms and Crafters
- Nutella Macarons – My Busy Family
- Butterbeer Macarons – Sensibly Sara
- Cookie Butter Macarons – BetsyLife
- Snickers Macarons – A Simple Pantry
- Vanilla Almond Macarons – Life Over C’s
- Eggnog Macarons – The Gunny Sack
- Peanut Butter Cup Macarons – Ari’s Menu
- Raspberry Lemonade Macarons – TOTS Family
- Fancy Pumpkin Spice Macarons – Pint Sized Baker
- Cinnamon Apple Macarons with Salted Caramel – Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Macarons – Big Bear’s Wife
- Double Chocolate French Macarons – A Magical Mess
Which one are you going to try first? My suggestion: go with the Snickers, Cookie Butter or Raspberry Lemonade.