This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Here we go again….
I love this sequel as much as the first and I think you will as well.
Ten years after Mamma Mia! The Movie grossed more than $600 million around the world, you can now return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi in an all-new original musical based on the songs of ABBA. With the film’s original cast of Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan, and Colin Firth back and amazing – and the new addition of Lily James as a young Donna, this musical delight is one you want on your list.
To help you prepare, I have a few Greek inspired appetizers to share with you.
Go Greek for Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
Homemade Basil Pita Chips
- 4 slices of Pita bread
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the pita in to 8 triangle slices each – place on baking sheet
- Combine the olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of the dried basil
- Paint each slice with the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining basil
- Bake for 5-10 minutes depending on your oven. Keep an eye on them as they do tend to bake quickly – especially in the last minute or two.
Tzatziki Cucumber Garlic Dip
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh dill, chopped + an extra spring for garnish
- Dice your cucumber.
- Combine sour cream and yogurt in one bowl. Blend gently
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and dill. Add mixture to sour cream and yogurt.
- Add cucumber….blend gently.
- Chill and serve.
Eat. Enjoy. Sing along.
Don’t forget to get your own copy of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, now available on digital and available on Blu-ray and DVD Oct 23!