Do you have your Black Friday shoes on? Or are you an online shopper…waiting for Cyber Monday and beyond? I have to confess, I do BOTH. I love Black Friday shopping – it is the way my mother-in-law, one of my best friends and I love to start the holiday season. But I KNOW some of the very best deals are found online….especially when you add in the savings and benefits from iConsumer. Who wouldn’t love to save money on Cyber Monday or Black Friday?
iConsumer, you ask? What is this new site? Simply put, it is a crowdfunded coupon and and cash back site that allows consumers to save money while they shop AND earn stock in the company at the same time. They operate with the motto: Save. Earn. Own. How does it work? Great question.
How iConsumer works:
- You head to the website: iConsumer and sign up.
- Simply install the iConsumer button (it takes mere minutes) that will notify you as you head to partner shops. It also tracks your spending, earning, and owning. After making my first purchase using the portal, I forgot the button was installed, continued my weekly shopping and was amazed to find myself receiving emails notifying me I had earned additional cash back and stock.
- Search for your favorite shops, make a list of those you love and seek out the best and most current deals.
- Use the apps: IOS and Android options make shopping (and earning) on the go easy.
With more than 1700 stores to shop from – that’s more than 45,000 brands right at the tip of your fingers – it is EASY to feel like a savvy shopper and find items on everyone’s holiday list. Since more than 46 million of us shop online, isn’t it amazing to be one of the people earning cash back while you do?
Wondering if some of your favorite shops qualify? Yes. Here is just a small sample of
- For Your Favorite Technology: The Apple Store, The Sharper Image, Best Buy, PlayStation Store, Game Stop
- For Foodie or Home Decor Lover: Crate & Barrel, Le Creuset, Sur la Table, Bed Bath & Beyond
- For the most Fashionable: Nordstrom, NARS, Neiman Marcus, Ann Taylor, Bebe, Gilt, American Eagle, ThredUp
- For the Athlete: Gaiam, Sports Authority, Athleta, Nike, Bowflex, Footlocker,
And you can easily search the site by category.
Here’s a short video to walk you through some of the highlights and benefits of the site:
I realize you may still have questions and I’m happy to try to answer them.
When you say ‘earn stock’, just what do you mean?
When you first sign up with iConsumer, you are gifted your first ‘pending stock shares’. After that, every time you make a purchase or recommend the site to a friend, those shares will increase. You’ll be able to track your progress in your dashboard.
Can I sell my stock?
The short answer, “yes”. Once the SEC ‘qualifies’ the iConsumer stock, they will work with a stock transfer agent to make it possible (and easy) for you to sell, though it is important to note, as with all stock, you need a buyer in order to sell and that can’t be guaranteed. However, I love the idea of watching my shares in a growing company with a novel concept continue to expand.
What are the shares worth?
From iConsumer, “The SEC won’t let us tell you that (and it’s only our opinion, anyway). What we can tell you is what people are buying and selling it for. When the SEC has qualified our offering, and we’re allowed to sell our stock, we plan to begin at $.09 a share.”
I’m confused by stock ownership.
I understand. This concept is new. While many people own stock in a company, the idea of earning ownership while doing something you do all the time, may seem just ‘too good’. This is why iConsumer has created the Shareholder Academy to help you to understand the process, learn about dividends and feel comfortable with what you are earning. Their goal is to support and guide their community as it grows and expands.
What if I don’t see a store I love?
That’s easy. iConsumer wants to know about it. Simply send them a quick support ticket.
What if I forget to go through iConsumer to do my shopping?
Good news. iConsumer will remind you to activate your cash back with a banner at the top of the brand page. It will also tell you just what % of cash back you are preparing to earn.
When do you get your cash back?
Approximately 90 days after the purchases are reported and once you have accumulated $25 earned.
How do I keep track of my earnings and ownership?
Your individual iConsumer dashboard tracks everything for you – the stores you visit, the purchases made, the cash back earned and your pending stock.
Connect with iConsumer:
Find them on Facebook.
Follow them on Twitter.
I’d love to know what you think once you’ve had time to explore the site (and sign up!) Happy Shopping!
Disclosure: I’m excited to be partnering with iConsumer as they are introduced to the market and continue to grow. As always, all thoughts and opinions shared are mine and mine alone.